We have an immediate need for an Electrical Project Estimator to join our family owned business. At Utility Supply & Construction Company, we firmly believe our employees are our most valuable asset. We strive to acquire the most talented, action-oriented individuals with an enthusiastic, ambitious approach to work. Our mission at USC is to remain 100% safety focused and exceed customer expectations through the education and empowerment of creative employees and committed suppliers, assuring innovative and cost effective solutions.
The basic function of the Estimator is the development and maintenance of detailed quantities and accurate cost standards for the use in developing cost estimates for all projects The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company may pursue.
The Estimator is also tasked with promoting and safeguarding satisfactory and profitable long term relationships with the customers of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company.
Another basic function of this position is that of an administrator and coordinator, providing the necessary planning, organization, direction, and control to meet the customer service goals of the company.
Requirements include but not limited to:
- Experience in Utility/High Voltage Transmission, Distribution, or Substation field
- Administrate and Coordinate bids
- Develop and Maintain relationships with customers
- Follow Vehicle Operator Safety Program and Safety Policies
- Working Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of working on multiple projects at same time to meet deadlines.
- Availability to Respond to Storm or Emergency Work
Important Skills and Abilities Include:
- Professional Manner and Appearance
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills with Employees
- Work on Projects Independently
- Work in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Accuracy, Efficient, and Promptness a Must
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration or experience in the electrical contracting industry may substitute