Unlocking a world of connections.
We provide innovative end-to-end deployment services and smart solutions on the
latest technologies. Our Integrated Deployment approach allows us to think, design and
plan differently for better and faster implementation and networks. By tying together
design, optimization, deployment and delivery of state-of-the-art networks, we’re able to
pinpoint the optimized time to market.
We’re driven by satisfying the end users’ appetite for data, rolling out small cells,
distributed antenna systems (iDAS/oDAS), IOT, connected cars, smart cities, fiber, 4G,
5G and beyond. These unique capabilities power future-proofed solutions and make us
invaluable partners to leading companies.
Who We're Looking For:
Velex is currently looking for an Electrical Foreman to join our growing team. The Electrical Foreman will plan, organize, direct and control large and complex electrical project construction while providing leadership and direction to the workforce. They will ensure that all aspects of the project are coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, safe, profitable manner with quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Adhere to OSHA rules, regulations, and compliance with site-specific safety requirements for all Velex-related personnel, including employees, subcontractors, and visitors
- Participate in safety/incident investigations and reviews; ensure timely responses and document actions/corrections
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are observed and maintained
- Ensure that the work area is secured each night
- Attend pre-construction and construction meetings. Attend, on request, all technical meetings for the purpose of discussing job progress and problem areas
- Determine production sequence and coordinate assigned work with work of different contractors and subcontractors
- Maintain and update the 3-week project forecast to ensure that materials have been ordered and scheduled for delivery, equipment has been requisitioned on a timely basis, personnel have been scheduled, and subs have been contacted and their schedules confirmed
- Review site logs continuously and identify any issues that might affect the project
- Ensure that all change orders are properly executed and indicated on as-built plans
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedule
- Maintain liaison with other departments (supply chain, quality control, safety, engineering, etc.) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc.
- Maintain close communication with project manager on any unforeseen problems that develop
- Implement work processes to improve productivity and product quality
- Oversee subcontractor and employee productivity and ensure contractual obligations are honored
- Review inspection reports and document resolutions to deficiencies
- Review timecards, code invoices, document additional work and back charges, maintain accurate as-built drawings and complete start-up and tool/equipment transfer forms
- Complete the superintendent’s daily report each day
- Ensure JSA is performed and recorded daily at the start of the shift and before any tasks are performed
- Keep the progress schedule current
- Assist project manager in calculating percent completion on items for monthly invoicing and of labor for each job cost report
The Qualities You Possess:
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Excellent customer relations through utilization of effective problem-solving techniques
- Strong attention to detail and ability to remain diplomatic and calm under pressure
- Strong leadership and team-building skills; strong oral and written communication skills
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Completion of electrical apprenticeship program or commensurate skill level and formal training
- Experience with Health Care jobs
- 5+ years in supervisory position
- Current Texas Journeyman Electrician license
- Ability to understand the project scopes and objectives
- Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling and cost control
- Ability to assess crew and employee skills and coach/mentor
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems before major difficulties develop
- Ability to manage differences and diversity at the workplace
- Willingness to be held accountable and act honestly and with integrity
- Ability to effectively use time management and goal-setting
- Ability to handle administrative duties of position, including completion of required paperwork
- Effective use of computers and other technology
- Must have a valid driver's license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable if required to drive and the ability to drive, long distances on and off road and to tow trailers
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical if required to drive
- Travel Requirements: <50 % (may vary significantly depending on assigned job or project and needs of the company)
- Local to market
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English.
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training)
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
This position is Non-Exempt based on the FLSA laws. Our company uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Time Type:Full time