Electronic Hardware Engineering Manager
Will oversee the management and organizational structure of the Electronics Engineering functions such as digital and analog circuit design/analysis, PCB layout, prototype build and functional testing. Will interface with other engineering, manufacturing and customer teams.
- Oversee and manage Electrical Engineering teams to ensure all programs meet required budget, schedule, quality, and safety, etc. goals and objectives.
- Perform interviews with hiring authority. Train, develop, mentor, and manage a team.
- Will determine department and individual goals. Conducts performance evaluations.
- Manages the analog and digital circuit design through analysis and simulation, EMC design including the support for PCB layout, EMC test plan development, troubleshooting EMC anomalies, product specification negotiation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, overseeing the testing of prototypes, and following the development through to production.
- Works closely with and supports new business development, including quoting.
- Establishes formal product design guidelines and processes.
- Must have 10+ years of Automotive Electronic Engineering Hardware design experience.
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of managing 10+ direct reports of Electrical Engineers including hire/fire experience.
- Experience with automotive electromechanical mechanisms; electronic design of transmission systems highly preferred.
- Have embedded H/W design experience for automotive applications.
- Ideally will have experience in appliance control electronics.
- Will have experience using and applying lean development principles.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the customer facing experience.
- Must have experience in working with global development teams.
- Experience managing and coordinating program activities remotely.
- MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Master’s Degree highly preferred.