Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, Dematic’s global network of 8,000 employees have helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, supply chain solutions and related services, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Reports to the Installation Department and provide jobsite installation support with the goal of completing assigned tasked with focus on quality and within planned hours and budget.
Fully competent in conveyor layout, preassembly, installation; Header and structural steel installation; Detailing; Air Piping: Pre-commissioning; Strong leadership skills; Strong planning and coordination skills with attention to detail; Good communications skills. Proficient in safe operation of fork trucks and carry deck crane
- Ability to take direction from supervisor in assigning tasks to be completed by crew.
- Ability to plan work for a larger crew on more complex projects and provide training/direction as well as daily goals for crew.
- Ability to evaluate progress against goals.
- Ability to identify productivity improvements and quantify for supervision.
- Must be very safety conscious and provide safety leadership for assigned workers
- Minimum 2 years of experience and knowledge in installing and/or maintaining conveyor equipment
- Willing to travel extensively for long periods of time within continental US.
- Experience in motor and control wiring layout, component pre-assembly, conduit installation (emt and grs), wireway and cable tray installation, wire pulling and terminations.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic control and motor wiring circuit problems.
- Experience in I/O checkout to PLC of completed motor and control wiring circuits.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineered drawings and schematics.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the NEC with ability to pass a state journeyman’s exam; current license holder preferred.
- Must possess a high degree of safety awareness.
- Self-motivated; results oriented; task oriented.
- Ability to help lead less experienced locally hired personnel.
- Good communicator and willing to take direction.
- Some computer experience preferred; basic emailing, spreadsheet input and report input.
- Ability to travel 100% of time, including internationally.
High School or equivalent preferred