Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our consumer brands include Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, Vanity Fair®, and Dixie®. GP also has long been a leading supplier of building materials with such products as plywood, lumber and our recognizable DensGlass® yellow sheathing visible on new construction. Additionally, we are North America's leading supplier of containerboard and corrugated containers such as Color-Box & trade. Our recycling operation, GP Harmon, is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific employs approximately 40,000 people across North and South America. For more information, visit gp.com/careers.
Position Overview: E&I Maintenance Technician
A GP E&I Maintenance Technician is a member of a team that supports the operation and maintenance of Electrical, Instrumentation, PLC and DCS equipment. This position is a key resource to ensuring manufacturing operations run reliably and qualitatively. This position requires a Shelby County Tennessee Journeyman Electrical License of which the E&I Technician is expected to use the knowledge of the National Electric Code and NFPA70E to ensure that all electrical work is conducted safely and meets NEC and Shelby County, TN Electric Code requirements. E&I Technicians work as a team under the direct supervision of the E&I Department’s Planner and Scheduler. An E&I Technician’s schedule contains both straight dayshift Monday thru Friday and rotating shift schedules. An E&I Technician also carries ownership responsibilities for the health of equipment in prescribed process areas and is expected to be an owner/resident expert in prescribed E&I technologies. At the top of an E&I Technician’s responsibilities lies the overarching responsibility that every GP Employee has which is to be a Safety Leader.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- DCS, PLC, HMI troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Conduit repair, replacement and new install
- Wire repair, replacement and new install
- Electrical equipment repair, replacement and new install
- Motor troubleshooting, replacement and new install
- AC & DC VSD troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Electrical circuit troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Instrumentation troubleshooting, calibration, replacement and new install
- Control Valve troubleshooting, calibration, replacement, rebuild and new install
- MCC starter troubleshooting, repair, replacement and new install
- Electrical Distribution Switchgear operation, troubleshooting, breaker replacement and PMs
- Operate HV switches
- Infrared scanning of energized equipment
- Controls Communication Networks troubleshooting, repair and replacement
- Troubleshoot production process problems using DCS, PLC and Process data software
- Support daily activities, i.e.: planned/scheduled E&I work and production response
- Support projects
- Support maintenance of all E&I documentation using various computer systems
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of an electrical apprenticeship program such as that sponsored by the NECA and IBEW
- 4 years working as a Journeyman Electrician after completion of aforementioned apprenticeship
- Current holder of a Shelby County TN Journeyman Electrical license or attain within 6 months of hire date.
- Knowledge of electrical and other hazards and precautions including safety procedures, NFPA 70 arc flash electrical safety, and OSHA regulations
- PC and Smart Phone user
- Demonstrates being ambitious, a lifelong learner, proactive, results driven and accountable
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience demonstrating effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Willing and able to work in an environment which could require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working in high (e.g. elevated platforms/workstations, etc.) or confined spaces (e.g. tanks, vessels, silos, storage bins, hoppers, vaults, pits, manholes, tunnels, equipment housings, ductwork, pipelines, etc.Willing and able to operate mobile equipment eg; forklift, manlift, utility carts, etc.
- Experience, ability and commitment to set up, climb and work safely from ladders
- Must attain all GP N10 qualifications within 18 months of hire date
- Availablity and commitment to work overtime and call-ins to meet the needs of the business
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Worked as a Journeyman Electrician and Instrumentation Technician in a pulp and paper mill
- Current holder of a Shelby County TN Journeyman Electrical License
- Experience hands on with….
- Low, medium and high voltage in an industrial manufacturing environment
- 1000-5000 kva liquid filled power transformers
- Power distribution
- Low and medium voltage motors and controls
- Using and configuring Honeywell DCS systems
- Using and programming Modicon and Allen Bradley PLCs
- DCS and PLC integration and HMIs
- HART communications
- Assembling and calibrating Neles Jamesbury, Fisher, Durco, etc., (control valves)
- Instrumentation, eg; Transmitters - Pressure, Temperature, pH, Conductivity, ORP, Flow, Consistency, Brightness, Turbitity, Solids, etc.
- Continuing education in the trades
- Instrumentation certification/s, ISA
- Experienced software user, e.g.: Proworx32, RSLogix5000, MS Office, other equipment manufacturer’s proprietary communication software, eg; Yaskawa & AB VFDs, GE Multilin
- Experience in a Preventive, Predictive, Planned and Scheduled maintenance environment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf