Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Are you looking to make a change in your career? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a self-motivated and knowledgeable Electrical and Instrumentation Technician at our Tacoma, WA Gypsum facility. E&I Technicians are required to have a thorough understanding of safe work practices and troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. If you think this is the perfect job for you, read below on details to apply!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Executing preventative and corrective maintenance work orders
- Properly documenting activities as to actual work done, parts used, etc. in MP2 (CMS)
- Assisting in improving PM procedures by participating in procedure audits and reviews, recommending PM changes based on personal observations, etc.
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, replacing, and installing instrumentation components
- Ensuring all electrical and mechanical work meets established codes and standards
- Responding to, troubleshooting and diagnosing emergencies or breakdowns with production equipment
What You Will Need:
- One or more of the following:
- Three (3) years of electrical and/or instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Technology
- Experience working with computers for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience troubleshooting PLC’s
- Experience in working with and troubleshooting electrical systems that use up to 480V, 3 Phase
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electrical/mechanical equipment
- Willing and able to be trained in the use of PLC programming and software
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Five (5) years or more of industrial experience in the electrical and/or electronics field
- Experience working with PLC’s, RSLogix5000, RSLinx and Siemens S7
- Experience working with variable frequency drives and servo drives
- Experience in the electrical and/or electronics field in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with pneumatic systems
- Experience with systems integration i.e.: DCS, PLC, HMI, Instrumentation, Networking, Communication and Power Distribution
- Experience reading technical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 70e Arc Flash Standard
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and other mechanical equipment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf