We are seeking an experienced Project manager /Estimator to become a part of our team focused on growing a commercial electrical company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Obtains pricing for materials. * Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items. * Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead cost incurred in the installation of items.
- Develops and maintains cost data, including labor and equipment rates, installation methods and production rates.
- Develops and maintains estimating procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares reports as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of electrical industry (commercial or residential experience)
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. * Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Proficiency with estimating software, word processing software, spreadsheet software, e-mail software and the use of the Internet.
- Knowledge of general construction practices.
- Knowledge of Nation Electric Code and NFPA 70E
- Five+ years as a project manager for commercial projects.
- Ideal Candidate will have 10 years or more related experience in the Electric construction industry performing cost estimates and estimating knowledge of electrical industry.
- An acceptable combination of education and work experience, validating estimating skill level.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and NFPA 70E.
- Journeyman License in the State of Texas.
- Valid Texas Driver's License
78,118.00 - 107,537.00 /yearWhat is this?