ELECTRICAL MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. Matheson is seeking an Electrical Machine Maintenance Technician for its Martinez, CA facility. Experience with extruders or compressions, screw compressors, hydraulic / pneumatic equipment, and troubleshooting PLCs, basic Knowledge of 3 phase 480 volt electrical systems. Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for providing support to achieve optimal levels of productivity, quality, and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems 480V and below.
- Maintain production equipment in safe, optimal operating condition to help ensure the protection of all plant employees and visitors.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production and process equipment for proper operation.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair of production equipment from blueprints, technical manuals, or vendor specifications.
- Recognize and perform machine adjustments to the various manufacturing machine systems
- Assisting with installation, testing, and validation of new production equipment.
- Understands, follows, and maintains proper records for Process Safety Management procedures and requirements.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of process and production equipment for proper operation.
- Participate in and oversee equipment changeovers as necessary.
- Notify management of any potential equipment issues or other noted abnormalities.
- Assist management in training manufacturing employees in the proper use of equipment.
- Maintain organization of Maintenance Repair Area and any other area where repair work is in progress.
- Assist coworkers with production or other tasks as requested.
HOURS OF WORK: Typical hours for this position are going to match the requirements of the customer base Monday through Friday. This is a full-time position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, vendors, managers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required and a 2-year technical degree or related certifications or training.
- Minimum of 4 year of electrical machine maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment preferably with extruders or compressions with hydraulic/pneumatic equipment.
- Experience with hydraulics, screw compressors, pneumatics, and troubleshooting PLCs.
- Experience with large ammonia refrigeration systems would be a plus.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, and work in tight spaces in and around machinery.
- A Maintenance Skill Level Exam will be administered to determine pay level.
- Computer skills include MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability