WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The ideal Maintenance Electrical Mechanic will have a strong commitment to working safely, have good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
You will inspect, test, repair, and maintain the electrical and mechanical systems in a safe manner within a corrugated packaging manufacturing facility. Focusing on our customers’ success will allow you opportunities to develop and grow your career in manufacturing.
How you will Impact WestRock
Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including performing basic trade activities such as electrical, plumbing and carpentry work
Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
Install electrical wiring and equipment; new electrical services; and replaces and repairs wiring as needed (including computer cable)
Consult with the Maintenance Manager, as needed, on electrical system issues; and, as assigned, serves in a project coordination role monitoring the activities of outside contractors
Perform preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts
Calibrate and repair pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
What you need to succeed
Minimum of 7 years of electrical experience
Experience as a journeymen (preferred)
California state certification (desired)
Ability to program AC and DC drives
Familiar with RS Logic and various PLC platforms (AB, Siemens)
Efficient in power distribution
• Ability to successfully complete the industrial maintenance and electrical assessment administered by NOCTI with a satisfactory score.
• 2 years of electro-mechanic experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred or equivalent military experience.
Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment.
• Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules.
• Repairs electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replaces faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of 3-phase motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge
in the troubleshooting of the PLC’s in the production equipment.
Must have a strong understanding of NFPA 40E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation.
• Proficient reading blueprints and schematics.
• Familiar with test equipment i.e. meters, micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Familiar with process flows, machinery, and mechanical equipment such as pumps, engines, motors, pneumatic systems and valves, hydraulic systems and valves, conveyor systems, compressors, large rotating equipment, boilers and other continuous process equipment.
• Read and understand drawings, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical systems including valves, solenoids, and manual and automatic controls.
• Have a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
• Self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
• Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and Staff.
• All candidates must be willing to work any available shift; as well as overtime.
• Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Vet.