DeanFluor offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Electrical Maintenance Technician job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Operate and maintain site-critical Engineering systems and equipment that supply the facility with heat, utility and conditioned power, ventilation, air conditioning and other environmental and critical systems in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals, industry best practices, and manufacturers specifications
• Monitor and control building equipment; operate facility’s BAS
• Perform maintenance on Engineering systems and equipment to include such items as, but not limited to, generators, UPS’s and fire and life safety systems
• Disable and re-arm fire alarm panels when required
• Inspect and adjust electrical equipment and systems; perform specific preventive maintenance service, as well as general maintenance functions
• Make periodic inspections of all Engineering systems and equipment and monitoring equipment operations, and maintain equipment operating logs
• Proficiently use test equipment and devices pertinent to building operating systems and analyze test results.
• Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences. Respond to emergency situations and perform any and all tasks necessary for the protection of occupants and property.
• Under minimal supervision, perform Data Center or mission critical environment maintenance activities.
• Operate and maintain critical systems such as HVAC, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), generators, batteries, switchgear, life safety and building automated systems, and utility systems.
• Lifting and physical exertion required.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• A minimum high school diploma or GED coupled with:
• A minimum10 years of progressive and hands-on experience in an environment of similar proportions and mission as the assigned area of responsibility
• A minimum of five years experience in facilities maintenance with thorough understanding of electrical systems, controls, generators, and life safety systems, including five years related experience in data center or complex mission critical environments
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in confined spaces and on ladders, and to lift equipment over six feet above ground
• Must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and certification requirements.
• Possess an active License (determined by the location of services)
• Must be capable of achieving and maintaining Top Secret/ SCI with polygraph governmental security clearance
-AA/BS degree in Electrical and/or Electronics from an accredited college or university, or a Journeyman Electrical license with applicable experience or equivalent training from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Military
-Proficiency in reading and interpreting complex technical instructions, plans blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
-Strong working knowledge of NEC, maintenance practices, maintenance and supply procedures, and quality control procedures.
-Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex electrical systems, perform damage assessments, estimate maintenance, parts, and manpower requirements, diagnose malfunctions, and employ testing and inspection techniques.