As a Electrical Project Manager you are the liaison between the customer and project team. You will need excellent leadership, organizational and communications skills to run large complex projects that span multiple lines of business to deliver projects on time and under budget to satisfied customers. Your ability to document and manage project plans and communicate throughout our organization and to customers is absolutely critical. You will also be responsible for quality assurance and compliance/control within the project.
The area: Mission Critical Construction
The Mission Critical Construction team works together to install, maintain, electrical raceways and power distribution, power and light, security & video surveillance, telecommunications and other low voltage systems. Working on-site at locations deemed mission critical (data centers, industrial, advanced manufacturing, semiconductor and others), the team has the opportunity to display its responsiveness, expertise, intuition and flexibility in solving on-the-job problems. The Mission Critical Construction team works simultaneously on several different projects and thus creates an opportunity for all-around learning and professional growth.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Electrical Project Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Maintain Owner, Architect, Subcontractor & Vendor relations
- Implement Project Budget based on Project Estimate
- Maintain construction budget by use of Cost to Complete tracking system
- Implement project schedule based on construction budget and construction estimate, utilizing scheduling and resources allocation by means of Microsoft Project and P6
- Establish monthly revenue projections based on construction schedule
- Subcontractor procurement and contract negotiations
- Vender procurement based on current budget
- Scope analysis and change order recognition.
- Assist in Project Estimating
- Work closely with the Design Team to assist in recommending the feasibility of construction methods, methods of project delivery, availability of materials and labor, preliminary phasing schedules, and site utilization during construction
- Work closely with the Client to coordinate construction requirements and keep them abreast of these activities throughout the Construction phases.
- Identify critical long lead items that may affect the Project Schedule
- Conduct Weekly Project Coordination Meetings
- Maintain General Contract and Subcontract Documents
- Maintain Quality Assurance and Control
- Establish & monitor administrative procedures for the project
- Manage and process applications for payment (pay app)
- Conduct client presentation to customer
- Act as delegate for Director of Field Engineering at meetings when needed
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
Education, Certifications, & Technology Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience/credentials with a strong academic record preferred (Business and Engineering program a plus)
- 7+ years of experience managing large scale construction projects where you would have experience with;
- Construction scheduling
- RFI and Project change request submission and tracking
- Project financial controls
- Daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting
- Experience working at a top technology or construction management firm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sage Contractor, Accubid, and Outlook
- OSHA 10 – Hour Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects, engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today’s top brands.
Zones nfrastructure offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!