Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Employee will be responsible for remote project management of electrical installations . The position will entail project management, sales estimating, and assisting sales reps on engineering calls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct conference calls with Sales Account Managers when electrical is being incorporated into a project.
- Project management electrical installations remotely from start to finish
- Order all materials and hardware within budget.
- Hire subcontractors install electrical, CCTV, Access Control, and Communication Wiring
- Travel will be required on larger projects across the US.
- Collect deliverable packages and organize including but not limited to pictures, test results, as-builts.
- Journeyman Electrician
- 5+ years ' experience as an Electrical Project Manag er/Estimator
- Above average computer skills (Excel, Word, Exchange)
- Above average communication skills (Sales Calls / Chairing Meeting)
- Experience with Remote / Offsite Project Management
- Ability to manage multiple large project simultaneously
Experience Estimating / Installing CCTV, Access Control, Communications Past experience with National Electrical distributors
Ability to create and update CAD / Visio drawings