Location: Austin, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Electrical Senior Principal Engineer on our Commercial Mobile System architecture team in Austin, Tx.
Our Electrical Engineering team puts the spark into the full hardware development lifecycle, from concept to production. It takes experts in system architecture definition, design, analysis, prototyping, sourcing & the debugging and validation of layouts or routes to deliver state-of-the-art products for a changing world. We work closely with designers, cross-functional teams within Dell and suppliers to make sure electronic designs meet a range of requirements, including schedule, feature set, functionality and quality, as well as industry standards.
- Cultivate a strategic partnership with Dell's SW & hardware architecture teams
- Ability to present to executives at regular intervals
- 10 years experience in product design
- Work experience and deep knowledge of X86 architecture
- A solid understanding of security elements (ECs & TPM's) within a computer system
- Ability to negotiate and navigate at an exec level
- Understands and ability to create Dell's strategic direction
- Graduate degree is a plus
- Prior Development manager experience
- Technical experience in OS integration
- Experience running a core team
- Working with Asian ODM partners
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can spark the delivery of state-of-the-art products, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 31st March, 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.