One Great Future
In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring process.
Location: Mundelein, IL
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Overview: Responsibilities include and are not limited to: Maintain and repair equipment associated with the facility and production in an electrical capacity or otherwise as assigned.
- Part of AF Mundelein Maintenance Team
- Hourly non-exempt, no direct reports.
- Schedule: Day Shift, Monday - Friday
- About 70% of the job will be performance of site electrical and control systems
- About 20% of the job will be electrical projects
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems
- Establish and maintain preventative maintenance procedures for all electrical systems. Carry out preventative maintenance as written in accepted procedures
- Establish and conduct electrical training for maintenance personnel on various pieces of equipment
- Adhere to lock-out, tag-out program
- Hands on ability to assist maintenance technicians as needed
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2 years work related experience directly associated with PLC’s and DC and AC drives
- Understanding of motor control concepts, Servos – VFD’s.
- Electrical enclosure and panel building experience
- Must be able to support a 24 hour operation
- Basic networking knowledge – IP addresses and remote terminal set-up
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communicational skills with all levels of the organization
- Printing, converting and extrusion experience a plus
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills relating to PLC’s, AC/DC drives and 3 phase power and power distributions
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits using multi-meter
- Able to look at schematics and understand the circuitry and what’s occurring
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems logically and quickly
Education & Certifications:
- Associates degree in the electrical field
- Work requires physical strain such as extended periods of standing and walking in the production facility, and some occasional lifting of heavy items, i.e. cores or shafts.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Other physical demands crouching, and reaching.
- Use of ladders and elevated walkways required.
- Standard industrial type environment. Exposed to typical plant and outside environment with periodic exposure to inclement weather, noise, oil, grease, and chemical odors to some extent.
- Exposed to electricity, compressed air systems, hydraulics, propane, and chemicals that require proper safety precautions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to noise levels such that we require the use of hearing protection.
- Occasional contact with solvents requires that long-sleeved uniforms, gloves and safety glasses be worn. The employee will occasionally be exposed to solvent fumes and flammable liquids. Working with these chemicals possess a risk of fire or explosion from an ignition source, therefore Static Dissipating (SD or ESD) safety shoes are required.
- The employee will be required to work near fast moving equipment with nip points and rollers that require caution such as working around moving machines in production facilities, and awareness of pedestrians who may be using the same work areas. Protective clothing or gear such as hearing protection, safety glasses or goggles, flame-retardant clothing, gloves and safety shoes is required.
Why work at Amcor?
- We value safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability and results and out performance
- Amcor is a growing company which means career opportunities both locally and internationally
- The environment is better off because of our leadership and products
- We offer world class benefits including annual bonus opportunities; including various retirement savings/voluntary pension plans (vary depending on country).
- We value diversity. With sites in over 40 countries around the world, you have the unique opportunity to work and grow with a multi-cultural team.
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enabler the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.