Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Electrical Technician – Albany, GA
The Georgia-Pacific Corrugated (Box Plant) facility in Albany, GA is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual. We are seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as an Electrical Technician. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Take an active role in a quality maintenance program to reduce production waste and achieve production quality goals.
· Repair and maintain electrical equipment.
· Troubleshoot and maintain PLC’s.
· Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical control systems such as relay logic, motor controls and AC/DC drives.
· Using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
· Adhere to plant safety rules and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) years or more of electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience reading technical drawings, repairing, installing, and programming industrial electrical equipment including but not limited to motors, motor starters, transformers, PLC’s, and VFD’s.
- Willing and able to install Industrial electrical equipment.
- Experience working with electrical controls for pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime, as required.
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in the corrugated industry.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as an industrial electrician.
- Two (2) year Technical degree or higher in Electrical Systems, Instrumentation or Electronic Technology.
Our plant is conveniently located in historic Dougherty County. We employ close to 100 people at our facility. This facility operates one of the industry’s most sophisticated and modern corrugators and has an impressive array of modern finishing equipment, including flexos and die cutters to provide the widest range of corrugated packaging today. We manufacture corrugated sheets from linerboard and medium and then cut, wax, print and fold these sheets to produce corrugated boxes and trays for our various customers. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf