Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the this position is to perform and support electrical assembly and test operations of various components on electrical panels. Components include motors, control boxes, instrumentation, printed circuit boards. This will be required onshore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fabricates and assembles electronic, electrical, and electro-mechanical hardware and devices.
- Knowledge, comprehension and understanding of drawings and technical documents to ascertain all requirements of work assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures.
- Maintains record keeping with an understanding of document control.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and provides technical feedback to engineering
- Repairs or replaces faulty parts as needed.
- Works with engineering to resolve problems that arise during the assembly of projects.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and high / low voltage wiring.
- Thorough knowledge of RS-232 and RS-485 communications systems.
- Board level and surface mount soldering for assembling and troubleshooting "in house pc boards."
- Comprehends power electronics including 120 VAC, 240 VAC and 480 VAC 3 phase.
- Must be mechanically inclined and familiar with electro-hydraulic systems.
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail and have excellent troubleshooting skills, to include assembly level and in-circuit PC board troubleshooting¿.
- Must have complete familiarity with standard test equipment to include o-scopes, Meggers, VOM's, as well bench digital function generators and meters.
- Knowledge of ROV systems.
- Knowledge of Rockwell/Studio 5000.
- Knowledge of Labview, Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Technical school and IPC certification.
- Background in hydraulics.
- Oilfield industry and offshore experience.
- Automotive industry experience (computer command control systems, ASE certification, etc.).
- Knowledge of Electrical-Mechanical motorized systems.
This position is considered ONSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.