Electrical Technicians with Advanced Knowledge and Experience Needed ASAP in the San Francisco area for a Special Project (approximately three months)
Multiple Positions Open Immediately for Qualified Electrical Technicians, Instrumentation Technicians, and Vehicle Electricians
Great opportunity to work for an international manufacturer as an Electrical Technician on state-of-the-art vehicle and transit equipment. Electrical Technicians will work with advanced electric vehicle and hydrogen fuel cell technology; troubleshooting electronic, electrical (some mechanical) and high voltage issues, and resolving them. Ideal experience is to have worked on any of the following: buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment or aircraft. You must be able to interpret and make decisions on what problems need to be fixed. Must be able to read drawings and schematics and track work, etc. Requires someone not only with great technical skills, but with solid customer service skills because you will be dealing directly with the manufacturer's customers.
Electrical Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install electrical systems and components in transit vehicles
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment
- Repair or replace parts, light fixtures, wiring, finder relays, motors, and other types of electrical equipment
- Identify and troubleshoot electrical problems with a variety of testing devices: ammeters, voltmeters, multimeters, cable testers, etc.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
Electrical Technician Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related field
- Experience with electrical wiring, circuit testing, troubleshooting and general repair
- High voltage experience and hydrogen training or certification preferred
- General knowledge of transit bus/hybrid and/or electric drive systems ideal but not necessary
**Local and non-local candidates will be considered (travel expenses and per diem paid for “travelers”)**
This project could open the door for longer term opportunities with this firm.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records