IME is a 73 year-old-company, consistently named one of the top contractors in Colorado. We’re a Quanta Services company, Quanta is a $9 Billion-dollar organization, the largest specialty contractor in the nation. This role is within our rapidly growing Infrastructure Division, a third-party TEGG Certified, electrical testing contractor. IME is seeking Electrical Field Engineers/Testing Technicians to support our service offerings in Denver CO. United States Navy Electricians and United States Army Prime Power candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Troubleshoot, test, and inspect complex electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering. Operate all types of test equipment and have some experience in coordination of electrical systems. The role requires the ability to meet deadlines while maintaining concentration on several projects and activities at once.
- Perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Perform instrument transformer tests, power transformer testing, automatic transfer switch troubleshooting, generator testing, power meter calibration and high voltage circuit breaker testing.
- Troubleshooting capabilities, relay calibration, use of load and power quality recording instrumentation, infrared scanners, medium voltage breaker and switchgear testing.
- Test and troubleshoot complex electrical systems, moderately complex relay systems and power metering.
- Perform start-up services on switchgear up through the 230-kV class.
- May perform power system studies including short circuit, arc flash and protective device coordination.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Represent the Company as a lecturer on technical topics.
- May perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment-labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME, graduate of applicable electrical technical school, Military equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Passed the NETA (National Electrical Testing Association) exam.
- Strong background and experience in most types of switchgear testing through the 230-kV class.
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- Proven ability to complete projects on budget consistently.
- Able to write detailed reports, using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and personal judgment.
- Consistent accuracy in solutions and suggestions.
- Integrity and Trust
- Is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual.
- Effectively represents the organization while respecting and supporting the client.
- Doesn't blame others for mistakes or misrepresent self for personal gain.
- Practices attentive and active listening.
- Has the patience to hear people out and weighs all sides.
- Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Problem Solving
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers and can see hidden problems.
- Is excellent at candid analysis.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
- Will stand up and be counted on; doesn't avoid personal responsibility; can be counted on during difficult situations; looks forward to taking charge of a problem or issue; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Intermountain Electric, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IME complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Essential Physical Requirements – the employee should be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations
Drug Free Workplace: New Employees must submit and successfully pass post –offer drug screening.