Unlocking a world of connections.
We provide innovative end-to-end deployment services and smart solutions on the
latest technologies. Our Integrated Deployment approach allows us to think, design and
plan differently for better and faster implementation and networks. By tying together
design, optimization, deployment and delivery of state-of-the-art networks, we’re able to
pinpoint the optimized time to market.
We’re driven by satisfying the end users’ appetite for data, rolling out small cells,
distributed antenna systems (iDAS/oDAS), IOT, connected cars, smart cities, fiber, 4G,
5G and beyond. These unique capabilities power future-proofed solutions and make us
invaluable partners to leading companies.
Who We're Looking For:
Velex is currently looking for an Electrical Tradesman to join our growing team in the DFW area (to include Garland, Frisco, Mesquite, Denton, and Dallas). The Electrical Tradesman is responsible for electrical and communication installations, troubleshooting and maintenance through well-versed knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain, repair and install electrical and communication systems, services and equipment
- Layout and install conduit systems, various lighting systems, and basic control systems
- Install motor feeders and make standard motor connections
- Effectively analyze blueprints for job site knowledge
- Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate equipment, procedures and training
- Opportunity to lead small crews
- Excellent communication skills among employees and other trades
- Safety, Quality, Production mentality. No sacrificing one for the other
The Qualities You Possess:
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Excellent customer relations through utilization of effective problem-solving techniques
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a job layout for projects of various scopes and sizes
- Enforce a safe job site and maintain compliance with company safety, OSHA and customer-specific safety standards
- Valid Electrician’s License or 6+ years' related Electrical experience
- Valid US driver’s license and the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and operating principles of motors
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, or stoop for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- Must have accurate hearing, speech, vision, and color recognition.
- Must be capable of working in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel as needed within the market and for periodic air travel
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to speak, write and read English
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
This position is Non-Exempt based on the FLSA laws. Our company uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Time Type:Full time