This is a full-time position is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, pork and turkey, foodservice, food distribution and case ready businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from food service operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities
Cargill Value Added Meats
Is the preferred meat supplier to restaurant chains, healthcare facilities, colleges and universities, business and industry. Foodservice professionals throughout North America count on Cargill Value Added Meats for customer-focused meat solutions that blend culinary trends with labor-saving efficiency.
75% - Performs work assigned by supervisor
5% - Identify follow-up work and parts required
5% -Assist in development and implementation of new systems
5% - Complete, Sign and return Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
5% - Help promote and communicate Maintenance and Reliability to the Organization
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Excellent communication skills (English written, verbal, listening)
- Troubleshoot limit switches, photo eye and proximity switches
- Proficient in reading ladder diagrams and be able to troubleshoot PLC machines without the aid of a computer
- Trouble shoot, repair and replace faulty electrical components through the use of hand tools and electrical test equipment
- Measure, cut and bend conduit such as rigid EMT, PVC, and IMC utilizing hand tools and benders.
- Must be able to replace and setup air jets and print engines for labelers
- Be able to Set up and troubleshoot drives, showing understanding and ability to change settings
- Troubleshoot PLC on line
- Understand the Hydraulic, pneumatic and vacuum system concepts
- Ensure compliance with all local codes, regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office and CMMS software.
- Associate degree in Electronic Engineering or significant experience in PLC and control system troubleshooting