M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
An Electrician I installs basic electrical equipment and systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing and mounting electronic controls, device, panels, sensors, and components.
- Performing interlock wiring as required.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Directing and training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Reading contract drawings.
Job Working Conditions and Environment:
- This position is physically demanding and often requires working outdoors while exposed to all types of weather conditions and while working in all types of environments. For example, the incumbent may be required to work,
- depending on the job location and the time of year, in the heat, cold, rain and snow.
- This position also requires working at extreme heights, in areas that are under construction, or in restricted areas such as a switchgear room, manhole, utility tunnel, crawl space or attic.
- The incumbent must be able to access work areas that are accessible only by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladders or stairs that are under construction.
- Additionally, this position requires flexible work hours. In order to get a project completed on time, laborers are often required to work overtime, weekends and night shifts.
- The incumbent must work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image.
Years of Experience:
- The incumbent has at least four (4) years of experience in the electrical industry.
- The incumbent has a high school degree or GED.
The incumbent must:
- Possess a journey-worker's license in at least one jurisdiction in which M.C. Dean, Inc. performs work or be willing to obtain a journey-workers license
This position requires:
- Tracking accurate hours worked on each job per day.
- Ensuring the foreman properly recorded the hours and timely submitting payroll timesheets on a weekly basis.
- Timely returning completed security clearance forms.
- Timely planning for equipment and materials needed for a job.
- Understanding and following Company procedures for ordering, storing, receiving, and returning materials and tools.
- Timely returning safety records to the safety officer.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Strong reading aptitude.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- The incumbent has at least four (4) years of experience working in the electrical industry.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works on energized circuits or equipment.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects
- Must have a valid driver's license or passport to access job sites.
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance with minimum Polygraph, preferred
- Current NICET II Fire Alarm Certification or Master Electrician License, preferred