- Maintain, upgrade, repair and install new electric infrastructure.
- Ability to follow and complete work orders and preventative maintenance duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Prepare stock orders.
- Work on various fire alarm systems.
- Provide emergency response and shift coverage.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Have a current and valid Massachusetts Journeyman Electrical License.
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial, industrial, electrical construction and maintenance.
- Familiarity with high voltage switching systems.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Must have own set of basic hand tools.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language.
- Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Required to drive throughout the university to work areas by use of your own automobile.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- Ability to see and distinguish color, since electrical wiring is often color-coded.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb and work from ladders and aerial lifts with no height limitations.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- OSHA 10-hour certification
- Master Electrician’s License