Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
Nicknamed The Greatest Stadium in the World, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has hosted college football, professional football, two Olympics, a World Series game and numerous concerts since 1923. As the home for Trojan Football and the Los Angeles Rams, the Coliseum has become a symbol for University excellence and spirit. USC has committed $270 million to Coliseum renovations to guarantee its continuing presence as a premiere stadium well into the future, serving all Angelenos and Trojans alike.
We are seeking an Electrician to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you a master of your trade? Are you enthusiastic about providing exceptional service? Then come join us! As our Electrician, you will oversee the Coliseum’s electrical systems, ensuring that our guests get to enjoy the most up-to-date and safest systems. We are dedicated to making the Coliseum the very best it can be for our guests, and you will help us ensure that they have a memorable experience!
- Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical systems and equipment such as motors, switches, lighters, heaters, and alarm and control system. Determines need to repair and/or replace equipment. Works from blueprints, specifications, and schematic diagrams.
- Tests wiring system to ensure safety of all components.
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules new or modified electrical.
- Estimates materials required for specific job components.
- Maintains clean job site throughout duration and cleans up job site following work completion. Maintains safe working conditions for self and others. Stores and maintains supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Trains other journeymen, zone maintenance technicians, or other employees’ specific skills and tasks, as required.
- Prepares reports and/or maintenance records as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Education: High School Diploma or completion of 4 year apprenticeship program. 4 years of experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of a 4 year apprenticeship program.
- Experience: 2 years.
- Experience performing standard trade-related procedures.
- General knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- General knowledge of electrical codes.
- Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations, standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
- Journeyman experience.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
What We Prefer:
- Trades Certification/Apprenticeship and 5 years of industry experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, engineering, or related field.
- 2 years of industry experience.
- Understanding and working knowledge of large venue, facility, or public assembly building operations and maintenance.
- Experience with and comprehension of high voltage power, conversion, and electrical safety procedures.
- General knowledge of electrical codes.
- Design of basic facility power drawings, schematics, or blueprints.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of four year apprenticeship program
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Four years experience as a trade-related trainee may substitute for completion of a four
year apprenticeship program. Additional two years minimum experience must be as a
journeyman. Experience performing standard trade-related procedures. General
knowledge of trade-related methods, materials, tools, and equipment. General knowledge
of electrical codes. Familiar with city and state building codes, OSHA rules and regulations,
standard safety practices and equipment, and other requirements for workplace safety.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$36704.htmld