Electrician position at The Sun Sentinel
3rd shift (overnight) position located in Deerfield Beach, FL
- To troubleshoot and repair complex electrical systems on all production related equipment.
- To perform all electrical repairs assigned by the shift supervisor in accordance with the National Electric Code guidelines.
- To determine the cause of electrical failures and make recommendations as to the continued safe operation of the equipment.
- To perform preventive maintenance functions according to department programs and within a specified time frame.
- To inform the supervisor of all completed work, follow-up and pending work or equipment problems.
- To work effectively with co-workers in problems solving techniques and to adequately communicate to them the incomplete work and problem areas from shift to shift.
- To ensure that safe and established work habits are used.
- To maintain a clean and safe work area.
- To maintain timely and accurate maintenance records and reports.
- To recommend parts for repair or replacement and to help maintain current inventory levels.
- Must be able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime when required
- Should have a high school education or equivalent related experience.
- Required five years of on-the-job industrial electrical and electronic training or equivalent related job experience.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong knowledge of industrial electrical, and electronic theory and equipment, microprocessor controlled equipment, complex relay logic systems, high horsepower motor controls, troubleshooting, small motor repair, programmable controllers, un-interruptible power supply systems, and printed circuit board repair.
- Must be able to read complex electrical and electronic schematic and blueprints, and use various test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-function meters, ampere probes and mego-meters.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to do equipment design enhancement.
- Must have a good working knowledge of National Electrical Code.
- Must be able to lift equipment that will weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and kneel in order to work on hard to reach equipment.
- Must be able to work in conditions which may be unfavorable, this could include varying temperatures, dusty conditions, greasy and dirty areas, and some work out of doors.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Tribune Publishing (NASDAQ:TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
In addition to award-winning local media businesses, Tribune Publishing operates national and international brands such as Tribune Content Agency and the Daily Meal, and is the majority owner of the product review website BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.