Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Work involves most of the following: Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications; locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment; working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment; and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Must be a licensed journeyman electrician.
- Substation and/or thermography certification is preferred.
- Should be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and distribution located outside a substation at 480V and less.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good customer service skills.
- Ability to delegate work as needed to fulfill requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Working knowledge of computers and computer software MS Office, Excel and Maximo.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled