Under general supervision, the Electrician is responsible for electrical maintenance and installations as needed.
Performs the duties below; other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate:
- Locates and adjusts defects in electrical systems and equipment.
- Makes new installations; add to existing installations; and repairs electrical systems in County buildings.
- Inspects facilities for electrical code and safety compliance.
- Assembles, installs and repairs electrical fixtures and equipment.
- Plans projects and ensures manpower, materials and equipment needs are met.
- Drives and operates all types of construction equipment as assigned (bucket truck, forklift, front end loader, bobcat, backhoe, one-man lift, multi-person lift, ditching machine, etc.)
- Maintains shop areas as required.
- Performs all jobs in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Houston, Texas
Agency: Commissioner Precinct 2