Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. Mission Readiness Group has a job opportunity for a full time Electrician I in Portsmouth, VA.
Performs as an entry level Electrician with constant supervision.
- Reports directly to the Production Manager.� Once assigned reports directly to the project Foreman in the performance of his/her responsibilities.
- Follows basic repair procedures and instructions required to perform production operations.
- Assists with the performance of system grooms and checkouts, minor repairs and system configuration validation.
- Assists with preparing and installing equipment or system alterations in accordance with the technical specifications.
- Properly uses test equipment including but not limited to Meggers, Multi-Meters.
- Performs wireway installation, banding, cable tag installation and MCT assembly.
- High school diploma or equivalent or vocational training.
- At least 1 years� experience as a marine electrician.
- Understands and is familiar with NAVSEA Standard items.
- Has knowledge of the trade qualifications and performs as an entry level Electrician.
- Follows NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Basic knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory, power generation, control and distribution.
- Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
- Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance Level Secret.
- Ability to obtain access to military and government installations worldwide.
- Ability to travel.
- Current security clearance.
- Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional and loud noises.
- Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
- Able to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs. in weight.
- Must have manual and finger dexterity; able to grasp, manipulate, assemble small objects.
- Able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Able to perceive and distinguish normal range of colors.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.