Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Electrician II in Portsmouth, VA.
Summary: Performs a variety of complex electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of electronics and/or electrical equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy onboard U.S. vessels/government installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Production Manager.� Once assigned reports directly to the project Foreman in the performance of his/her responsibilities.
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose the problem and provide most cost-effective recommendation for completing repairs.
- Performs and/or verifies mechanical alignments.
- Ensures control and assumes responsibility for Level-1 material controls in accordance with Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Instructions.
- Performs installation, repair, overhaul or modification in place or in shop to electronic or electro mechanical systems and components (e.g.; controllers, switches, pumps, etc.).
- Assists with the performance of on-site field service for system grooms and checkouts, minor repairs and system configuration validation.
- Prepares and installs equipment or system alterations (e.g.; TEMPALTs, SHIPALTs, ORDALTs, etc.) IAW the directives (i.e.; instructions, drawings, Technical Manuals, MILSPECs, etc.).
- Notifies Foreman of any unsatisfactory condition(s) identified during the production operation (i.e.; repair, modification, etc.).
- Maintains good housekeeping practices; turning off machines when not in use, disposing of waste properly, sweeping the area, etc.
- Strictly adheres to corporate, federal, state and local safety regulations. Ensures that all Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) are worn and that all damaged PPE is discarded.
- Performs installation, repair, overhaul or modification shipboard or in shop to electrical or electro mechanical systems and components.
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose problems.
- Ensures that all requirements and detailed repair procedures and instructions are followed according to the company's work instructions, work packages, management guidance to complete the production operations.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, inspects and tests electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices.
- Works standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and uses a variety of electrician's hand tools to measure and test instruments.
- Follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to shipboard requirements.
- Troubleshoots motor controllers, control panels, and power distribution panels.
- Performs Electrical Testing using multimeter, miggers, ampmeters, load banks.
- Assembles multi-pin connectors and fiber optic connections.
- Installs and seats brushes for AC and DC motors / generators.
- Completes inspection and resurfacing of commutators and slip rings.
- High school diploma or equivalent or vocational training.
- At least 5 years� experience as a marine electrician.
- Understands and is familiar with NAVSEA Standard items.
- Follows NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Experienced in the performance of Energized Circuit work. Basic knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory, power generation, control and distribution.
- Qualified in a minimum two of the following processes copper multi-pin connector assembly or repair. Fiber Optic connector assembly, repair. and testing/ troubleshooting. Soldering of electrical/Electronic components. Electrical design, diagraming. ESD handling and workmanship experience.
- Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
- Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance Level Secret.
- Ability to obtain access to military and government installations worldwide.
- Ability to travel required.
- Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional and loud noises.
- Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
- Able to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Must have manual and finger dexterity; able to grasp, manipulate, assemble small objects.
- Able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Able to perceive and distinguish normal range of colors.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.