Provides electrical maintenance to all areas of Memorial Health System as assigned. Insures that work is completed per established policies/procedures, work order specifications and appropriate codes.
- Associate’s Degree in a mechanical/science field, Electrical Certification/License, or completion of an apprenticeship as an electrician required.
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (Five year MVR will be required.)
- Four years commercial electrician experience required. Must have comprehensive knowledge of electrical safety and theory, troubleshooting, circuits and installation.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and apply complex building codes such as NFPA and Joint Commission.
- Demonstrated ability to apply electrical theory, read/understand blueprints, and other technical specifications.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for long periods of time.
- Must provide own hand tools needed to perform electrical work.
- Have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to distinguish between colors such as red, black, blue, gray, white, and green.
- Establishes work priorities ensuring efficient organization and coordination of activities with installing, testing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical circuits, equipment and appliances per codes and specifications.
- Resolves difficult wiring and/or installation problems, determines how best to repair faulty electrical systems and equipment and completes complex work orders effectively and efficiently.
- Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment:
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials.
- Provides access for future maintenance consistent with specifications and local electrical codes and avoids unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as hacksaw, pipe threading machine and conduit bender. Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Tests continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instructions such as vault OHM meter, meggar and other test equipment.
- Demonstrates engagement by assisting with completing division goals.
- Coordinates assigned work to meet the needs of customers, patients and visitors and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Develops efficient and effective work practices that utilizes time and material efficiently.
- Knows thoroughly all hospital disaster codes and follows proper procedures immediately.
- Maintains appropriate dress and appearance, projecting a positive image of the Medical Center.
- Follows all safety procedures/policies and maintains effective standards of cleanliness of the Medical Center and its equipment.
- Interacts with patients and Medical Center personnel in a courteous, helpful, cooperative professional manner and follows Code of Conduct of Memorial Medical Center.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.