Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. Mission Readiness Group has a job opportunity for a full time Electrician III in Portsmouth, VA.
Summary: Under limited supervision, performs in a variety of complex electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of electronics and/or electrical equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy onboard U.S. vessels/government installations.
- Reports directly to the Production Manager.� Once assigned reports directly to the project Foreman in the performance of his/her responsibilities.
- Coordinates the efforts of other trades during an installation, modification or repair operation.
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose the problem and provide most cost-effective recommendation for completing repairs.
- Performs and/or verifies mechanical alignments.
- Ensures control and assumes responsibility for Level-1 material controls in accordance with Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Instructions.
- Performs installation, repair, overhaul or modification in place or in shop to electronic or electro mechanical systems and components (e.g.; controllers, switches, pumps, etc.).
- Assists with the performance of on-site field service for system grooms and checkouts, minor repairs and system configuration validation.
- Prepares and installs equipment or system alterations (e.g.; TEMPALTs, SHIPALTs, ORDALTs, etc.) IAW the directives (i.e.; instructions, drawings, Technical Manuals, MILSPECs, etc.).
- Notifies Foreman of any unsatisfactory condition(s) identified during the production operation (i.e.; repair, modification, etc.).
- Maintains good housekeeping practices; turning off machines when not in use, disposing of waste properly, sweeping the area, etc.
- Strictly adheres to corporate, federal, state and local safety regulations. Ensures that all Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) are worn and that all damaged PPE is discarded.
- Performs installation, repair, overhaul or modification shipboard or in shop to electrical or electro mechanical systems and components.
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose problems.
- Ensures that all requirements and detailed repair procedures and instructions are followed according to the company's work instructions, work packages, management guidance to complete the production operations.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, inspects and tests electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices.
- Works standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and uses a variety of electrician's hand tools to measure and test instruments.
- Follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to shipboard requirements.
- Troubleshoots motor controllers, control panels, and power distribution panels.
- Performs Electrical Testing using multimeter, miggers, ampmeters, load banks.
- Assembles multi-pin connectors and fiber optic connections.
- Installs and seats brushes for AC and DC motors / generators.
- Completes inspection and resurfacing of commutators and slip rings.
- High school diploma or equivalent or vocational training.
- At least 5+ years� experience as a marine electrician.
- Understands and is familiar with NAVSEA Standard items.
- Follows NAVSEA Standard Items.
- Experienced in the performance of Energized Circuit work. Basic knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory, power generation, control and distribution.
- Qualified in a minimum of two of the following processes copper multi-pin connector assembly or repair. Fiber Optic connector assembly, repair. and testing/ troubleshooting. Soldering of electrical/Electronic components. Electrical design, diagraming. ESD handling and workmanship experience.
- Communicates effectively, work independently or in a group.
- Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance Level Secret.
- Ability to obtain access to military and government installations worldwide.
- Ability to travel required.
- Current security clearance.
ADA Notations:� Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery. Work conditions vary from indoors to outdoor, very hot to very cold.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.