3S Services, LLC is a growing oilfield company looking for an experienced Line Locator to join our team. This position will be based out of our Kenedy, TX area.
The Line Locator position provides Damage Prevention services for underground utilities. Coordinates with client for specific jobs requiring HydroVac services. Must be a self- motivated individual with strong work ethics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to research and review utility company records and identify utilities from field observation
- Operate different electromagnetic locating equipment, to locate and mark underground utilities within prescribed accuracy limits.
- Operate ground penetrating radar device.
- Read and interpret utility plans / prints to identify the type and size of underground utilities.
- Provide accurate documentation and or sketches related to locates completed.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner, and maintain professional appearance.
- Perform work in all weather conditions, during normal and after hours.
- Communication and coordination with supervisor, coworkers, and utility representatives.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and strong ability to ensure accuracy. There is very little room for error in this position.
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions that may be written or delivered verbally.
- Must be dependable and responsible regarding punctuality and attendance.
- Knowledge and experience with utility line locating equipment (SUE Designating)
- Capable of making field decisions without direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills and a team attitude
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving history
- Overtime and weekend work may be needed to meet project deadlines
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- 2-3yrs Experience line locating.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry .
- Proficiency in using Outlook (E-mail), attaching files, forwarding, writing and responding in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to learn new on-line operating systems required to perform the tasks associated with the job.
- Possess good organizational skills and self-motivated.
- As stated earlier, duties associated with this position are subject to change, candidates need to be adaptable and willing to accomplish additional tasks should they arise.
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Qualified to work in the US.
3S Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.