Marine Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic
Main Industries, Inc.
Main Industries has been serving the marine and industrial market for over 40 years. Beginning as a marine coatings company, Main has grown into a multi-craft industry leader. Main now specializes in marine and industrial coatings as well as a variety of marine and industrial scaffolding.
Main is hiring for a full-time Marine Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic at our Hampton,Va location:
Main is seeking a qualified marine electrician/maintenance mechanic with knowledge and experience in 440 VAC powered equipment, HVAC/electronic component trouble shooting and repair. The candidate should also possess in-depth knowledge and experience in commercial power distribution theories and techniques. Applicant must have a dependable work record and a clean background check. DBIDS access to Naval facilities a plus. Must be mechanically inclined and adaptable to shipyard and industrial environments. Travel may be necessary at times.
Shipyard experience is highly preferred. Experience with and understanding of basic blasting and painting equipment (Dust Collectors, Ventilation Blowers, Industrial Size Vacuums, Heaters/AC Units, Blast Pots, Abrasive Recycling Equipment, Deck Blasting Equipment and Electrical Distribution Panels) is a plus.
Note:No phone calls regarding position details or application status. All inquiries by email.
Job Type:Full-time, hourly
Required experience:Five years (5) verified experience as a marine electrician in 440 VAC powered equipment.
- Forklift training/certification a plus (additional training will be required once hired for those using a forklift)
- Able to make connections of equipment to distribution panel
- Understand and carry out verbal directions given by supervisor as well as perform with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test equipment (volt-ohm meter, clamp on ampmeter).
- Capable of installing both Russellstoll and Meltric Plug connections
- Basic understanding of Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
- High Level of critical thinking and trouble shooting ability
- Understand and obey all posted warning, caution, notification and/or hazards signs posted on a job site
- All candidates must submit to drug testing and E-Verification of their right to work in the US
- Reliable transportation a must
- Adherence to Safety and Quality Standards are a must
- Must be physically able to board large vessels via stairs or ladder while carrying necessary tools
No overtime is guaranteed, but some projects do require overtime. This could be more than 40 hours during the normal Monday through Friday work week, work on the weekends or both.
In addition to competitive pay, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with Main. Benefits subject to employment eligibility.
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) savings plan
Main Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)