KARL STORZ Endovision (KSE) develops, manufactures and services fiberoptic and digital video endoscopes. KSE services all flexible endoscopes distributed in North America, as well as, many globally distributed endoscopes. The facility also manufactures and services a variety of electromechanical devices -light sources, insufflators and other electronic accessories that provides high quality medical care. To become part of this dynamic team, we invite you to learn more about our opportunities.
The purpose of this position is responsible for assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. The position will also provide support to the facilities team in performing general maintenance tasks.
All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
- Inspect electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating their condition. Identify and perform necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Install electrical system components (e.g. lighting, alarms, electrical panels, switches, circuits, scoreboards, timers, signs, motion sensors, add/remove/move electrical boxes on benches or partitions).
Other general facility support functions to include, but are not limited to, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, machinery repair/maintenance.
Preventive and predictive maintenance of the building, equipment, and machinery.
- Keep and maintain files related to preventative maintenance, repairs or outside contractors.
- Complete work orders as assigned. The position requires that the employee complete tasks within specified time frames. Ability to multitask and prioritize is essential.
Keep supervisor informed of work progress/status on a daily basis.
Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts electrician’s license.
- Master Electrician license required.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience maintaining electrical systems in an industrial or commercial environment.
- Ability to inspect and diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems and equipment for safety and code compliance issues.
- Must be knowledgeable of local electrical and building codes.
- Successful completion of NFPA70E Electrical Safe Work Practices and Arc Flash certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to read building and construction blueprints, plans, and diagrams.
- This position requires knowledge and experience in general facility maintenance.
- Must have good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Must be able to read and understand work instructions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
Needs to be able to perform in a fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
Must be flexible with changing daily priorities.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Basic computer skills required.