Electrician - (Marseilles, Illinois, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Electrician is responsible for performing daily maintenance duties to support the production facility and maintain the electrical/instrumentation equipment at the Marseilles Plant. This includes maintaining material handling/process equipment, buildings, moble equipment and grounds at the Marseilles Plant. This position is also cross trained with the Process Equipment Operator Helper position and needs to be able to perform all activities assigned in the maintenance and production departments. This position is a day time position that will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and require on call coverage. Working weekends, holidays and overtime may be required as well.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and systems consistent with safety, quality, cost, and environmental standards
- Rebuild and repair mechanical equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, rotary feeders, grinding mills, etc
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of boiler and pressure vessels
- Run conduit and pull wire
- Design basic electrical and control switches. Properly install new electrical equipment
- Responsible to trouble shoot and repair all electrical and control circuits
- Coordinate maintenance work with production schedule
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment and hydraulic systems
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years experience in an electrician role
- Certification and/or schooling obtained in industrial, electrical work, motors and controls and/or instrumentation
- A licensed electrician (preferred but not required)
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran