City of Olympia Public Works General Services is recruiting for a Journeyman EL01 Electrician to join our Facilities Operations Team!
The ideal candidate will be able to work under general supervision of the section Supervisor to install, troubleshoot, and to perform maintenance and repairs on electrical and electronic equipment. The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to;
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, maintenance practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety requirements
- Operate electrical and electronic testing, metering, and measuring devices and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical service problems
- Interpret and use engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and other applicable specifications in the installation and maintenance of electrical, lighting, and electronic systems.
- Plan, schedule, and implement work activities, projects, repairs, replacements, and new system installations for electrical systems and associated preventative and scheduled maintenance programs.
To view the complete job description and to apply, submit a resume and cover letter by attaching them to your electronic application online at http://www.olympiawa.gov/jobs. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
This is a continuous recruitment with a first application review Wednesday, December 19th 2018.