Medical City Plano
Since opening our doors in 1975, Medical City Plano has provided Plano and Collin County with superior healthcare. We've built our reputation on the exceptional compassion we offer all our patients, a legacy preserved from our simple beginnings as a small community hospital. Now, as a world-class medical facility offering the latest in technologies and a comprehensive range of healthcare services, Medical City Plano continues its growth to maintain its position as a leader in healthcare across the region.
The Electrician repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances, using hand tools and testing instruments, to supply electrical power for lighting and equipment operation in a hospital.
- Maintains all electrical equipment (inspections, tests, repairs, installs) 600 Volt and below.
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits, Generators and equipment;
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical lighting, signals, communication, and power circuits and equipment;
- Examines and tests such elements of systems as distribution panel, controls, circuit fixtures, and motors to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, and worn motor components.
- Repairs electrical circuits and equipment; Perform all PM related Duties.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures and appliances;
- Troubleshoot and repair Nurse Call systems and Medical Gas.
- Perform and maintain records for all PM related work.
- Installs new wiring and electrical machinery; read and understand blue prints and wiring schematics.
- Contributes to department performance by initiating ideas for department improvements;
- Help customers by responding to and referring service requests.
- Teaches and practices electrical safety, energized electrical, lockout tag-out, and other safety.
- Assist with Contactors and Vendors during construction projects.