AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Extraordinary events demand settings beyond the ordinary. AEG owns, operates and provides services to some of the most unique and successful facilities in the world, while embodying one simple mission-to provide fans with an experience they will never forget.
AEG Facilities is a stand-alone division of AEG that owns, operates and consults with more than 100 of the industry's preeminent venues worldwide. It has, at its fingertips, AEG's vast network of resources and services, from live event producer - AEG Live, to AEG Global Partnerships, to AEG Digital Media. AEG Facilities is an elite collection of world-class venues with an unmatched level of resources, experience and talent.
The Electrician is responsible for, but not limited to, the day to day maintenance and support of the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and event requests, including 120-480 volt power distribution, shop repairs, motor control, lighting systems, and energy conservation. The Electrician is required to respond to 12kv outage, and must be able to diagnose and take corrective action to restore power.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Required to perform journeyman level work. Responsible for, but not limited to, electrical repair and maintenance, of the power distribution systems, including preventative maintenance, motor control repair, lighting and lighting systems, energy usage/conservation.
• Power installation for contracted events.
• Assists guests in set-up of electrical equipment for shows and seminars.
• May be required to lend support to other crafts.
• Must provide own hand tools to perform required functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus successful completion of craft apprenticeship program or on the job training program providing journeyman level experience.
• Five years related journeyman level experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid California driver’s license
• Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of practices, procedures, tools, equipment and techniques used in the trade.
• Must be able to work days, evenings, graveyard shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
• Must have a minimum of one (1) year of Electronic Test and Diagnostics.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside normal description.