PAE is seeking Electricians to support scientific research in Antarctica! Maintenance and construction skillsets needed. Contracts range from 5 to 12 months.
- Minimum four years (8,000 Hours) of documented experience in all phases of electrical work, including rough wiring, power distribution wiring, wiring of electrical equipment and fixtures, and installation of conduit.
- A current Journeyman or Master Electrician license, or your jurisdictions equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods.
- US citizenship or Permanent US Resident status.
- U.S. Vehicle Operators License required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to diagnose electrical issues and to maintain, adjust, repair, and replace electrical systems and components.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of electrical motors, transformers and other electrical equipment.
- Ability to read design drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Experience working up to 480 volts
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts, and safety objectives.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of heat tracing of outdoor insulated piping.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of airfield lighting (McMurdo only).
- Experience in construction and maintenance of commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- Experience with or certification on NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
KEYWORDS: electrician, electrical technician, journeyman electrician, master electrician