The Electrician will perform all aspects of electrical power distribution and telco installations on various applications throughout the wireless industry. The job includes installation of AC and DC power distribution for a variety of wireless equipment, installation of conduit, wiring, terminations and trenching for equipment. Troubleshooting and testing of electrical equipment. Travel from site to site for construction installation as required.
Work may involve occasional overnight travel, overtime necessary to stay on the construction schedule and work outside in all weather conditions.
Required to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical exam, criminal and motor vehicle background check, and possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Construction, installation and maintenance of all aspects of wireless communications facilities.
- Installation of conduit by using electric and hand benders, conduit to equipment by trenching to proper depths, cables/wires in conduits for equipment and DC power plants, DC drops and terminations for equipment.
- Take pictures of work completed at each site of the electrical tasks completed and send to supervisor.
- Working with blueprints, specification sheets, assembly instructions, training guides, work authorizations, and other verbal, written, or electronic communications regarding how to install power distribution and telco installations.
- Ability to work safely and to complete electrical installations in a workmanlike manner, with quality in mind.
- Work as part of a construction crew involving communication, teamwork, and training of other electrical personnel.
Skills & Experience:
- Must possess and retain Master/Journeyman electrical license in the state were work is being performed.
- Must complete all required code courses and continuing education required for licensing.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 - 3 years� experience in construction of telecommunications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work in a team environment
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to thrive in an ever changing work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, manuals, blueprints, specifications, and other documents related to construction, installation, and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
SAI offers competitive salary and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
SAI Communications is an equal opportunity employer.