Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. Mission Readiness Group has a job opportunity for a full time Electrician Specialist in Portsmouth, VA.
Summary: Requires no supervision and is an expert in all tasks and qualifications required as an Electrician. Performs electrical and electro mechanical repairs. Assist with conducting system grooms and checkouts, and configuration validation. Prepare and install systems alterations. Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery. Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, high level of critical thinking/reading comprehension, and frequent travel/overtime are required. Work outside specific trade discipline is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Production Manager. Once assigned reports directly to the project Foreman in the performance of his/her responsibilities. In the absence of the Foreman, he/she will take a lead role on the job.
- Strict adherence to corporate, federal, state and local safety regulations and ensuring that all Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) are worn and that all damaged PPE is discarded.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices; turning off machines when not in use, disposing of waste properly, sweeping the area, etc.
- Ensures all tools listed on the “Required Tools List” are available for use within two weeks of employment.
- Equipment other than those required by the “Required Tool List” may be checked out from the Tool Room. Financially responsible for all tools checked out from the Tool Room. Returns tools/equipment to proper location and reports any lost, missing, stolen or damaged items to the Facilities Foreman in accordance with Process Instruction.
- Ensures that all requirements of the Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Quality Assurance Manual are followed when invoked by QA Workbook, Work Package (WP), Work Instructions (WI) and/or other guidance given by management.
- Follows detailed repair procedures and instructions (e.g.; QA Workbooks, Work packages steps, RECs, CWPs, FWPs, TGIs etc.) required to complete the production operations.
- Notifies Foreman of any unsatisfactory condition(s) identified during the production operation (i.e.; repair, modification, etc.).
- Coordinates the efforts of other trades during an installation, modification or repair operation.
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose the problem and provide most cost-effective recommendation for completing repairs.
- Performs and/or verifies mechanical alignments.
- Ensures control and assumes responsibility for Level-1 material controls in accordance with Epsilon Systems Mission Readiness Group Instructions.
- Performs installation, repair, overhaul or modification in place or in shop to electronic or electro mechanical systems and components (e.g.; controllers, switches, pumps, etc.).
- Performs component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose problems.
- Assists with the performance of on-site field service for system grooms and checkouts, minor repairs and system configuration validation.
- Prepares and installs equipment or system alterations (e.g.; TEMPALTs, SHIPALTs, ORDALTs, etc.) IAW the directives (i.e.; instructions, drawings, Technical Manuals, MILSPECs, etc.).
- Prepares and installs equipment or system alterations in accordance with the technical specifications.
- Leads and perform shipboard work for system/component evaluations.
- High school diploma or equivalent or vocational training.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a marine electrician.
- Understand and is familiar with NAVSEA Standard items.
- Experienced in the performance of Energized Circuit work.
- Advanced knowledge of AC and DC electrical theory, power generation, control and distribution.
- Qualified in a minimum of two of the following processes: copper multi-pin connector assembly or repair, Fiber Optic connector assembly, Fiber Optic repair and testing/troubleshooting. Soldering of electrical/Electronic components. Electrical design, diagraming. ESD handling and workmanship experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work independently or in a group.
- Ability to do basic math, i.e. add, subtract, divide and multiply.
- Ability to read, ability to write, ability to speak, and ability to comprehend English.
- Must be able to follow complex repair procedures and instructions required to complete all electrical production operations
- Must be able to expertly perform installation, repair, overhaul or modification shipboard or in shop to electrical or electro mechanical systems and components.
- Must be able to accurately perform component and/or system troubleshooting to diagnose problems first time thorough.
- Must be able to assist with the performance of on-site electrical service for system grooms and checkouts, minor repairs, connectorization, and system configuration validation.
- Ability to reason and find solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance Level Secret.
- Ability to obtain access to military and government installations worldwide.
- Ability to travel required.
- Current security clearance.
- ADA Notations: Involves heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending and possible working assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces or beneath machinery. Work conditions vary from indoors to outdoor, very hot to very cold.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.