Are you a skilled, independent person seeking an exciting growth opportunity in 2021? Do you have a background in assembly and soldering? Do you want a full time, permanent position, with a company that didn't experience any layoffs from Covid?
9/80 work schedule and benefits start on your first day!
Please take a look at one of our HOT JOBS below!
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler performs a wide variety of assembly operations to create precision electro-mechanical or semi ridged cable assemblies. This position will require flex time between cable assembly and production assembly and perform a wide variety of assembly operations to create precision electro-mechanical assemblies. They use precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance with blueprint specifications and tolerances.
- Determines and/or follows method and sequence of operations in performing such tasks as drilling, reaming, burnishing, tapping, wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing
- Uses precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance with blueprint specifications and tolerances
- Disassembles precision assemblies and corrects malfunctions
- Operates automatic and semi-automatic assembly equipment and sets up/ adjusts fixtures
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Determines and/or follows methods of sequence of operations in performing manual assembly, hand soldering, and cable harnessing.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience assembling RF coax cables
- Solder certified, ISO, J-STD
- Knowledge and experience operating an X-ray device
- Able to read and understand drawings and procedures
- Able to perform assembly work with use of a microscope as required
- Soldering on very small products with the use of a microscope as required
- Ability to use different measuring devices: Vernier’s, ruler, depth gauges, and tape measure
- Ability to identify basic connects such as SMA,Type N,TNC, BNC
- Good hand & eye motor skills
- Team player and able to follow basic instructions
Cobham is committed to hiring Veterans and Military Spouses. Therefore we encourage you to apply to our open opportunities.
Full-Time direct hire hourly role with benefits