The Maintenance Associate supports the plant through completing preventative and reactive maintenance. Candidate must have general pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge that allows a comprehensive and thorough understanding of these processes. Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required.
- Perform various activities on equipment and machines including reassembly after the completion of repair/maintenance work.
- Demonstrate the ability to start up plant (generator, air compressor, cooling tower, and chiller), normal plant shutdown, and emergency plant shut down.
- Maintains working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Start, inspect, and test machines to observe mechanical operation and determine efficiency. Mark defective areas and advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. Display competency in the proper operation of maintenance equipment (drill press and power tools).
- Possess and maintain required hand tools necessary for job.
- Lubricate or apply other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools.
- Qualified candidates require a minimum two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and/or certification in industrial mechanics.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding experience desired.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
"IND1P" #CB1 #ZR