Title: Electro Mechanical Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Type: Direct Hire
Experience: 10 years
This role will be responsible for guiding a team of Mechanical, Electrical, RF, Networking and Software Engineers in the redesign of existing Ground Station Equipment to a sleek, small, modular devise that will be reliable in severe climates and environments.
- Focus on leading and tasking as an assistant to the Integrated Product Team Manager for the Ground Control Station (GCS) IPT
- Lead the development of the next generation of Ground Station Control Systems working with an established team of Mechanical, Electrical, RF, Networking and Software Engineers
- Integrate new electrical and component design solutions that will reduce the size of the GCS system and packaging and increase the GCS resiliency to shock, thermal, dust, water, etc.
- Provide approval of workgroup technical approaches, products and processes
- Develop and maintain partnerships with customers, stakeholders and team members
- Establish and/or implement electrical –mechanical system architecture
- Identify new technologies and develop design requirements
- Allocate requirements across system architecture and designs and conducts trade studies
- Monitor subsystem design development activities for architectural consistency
- Perform and/or evaluates risk assessments and generate or approve risk mitigation plans and strategies
- Evaluate sub system design development
- De-conflict and resolve module-level requirement allocations
- Review electrical-mechanical system architectures and support development of detailed electrical-mechanical hardware and firmware designs
- Establish the electronic hardware interface designs and review and monitor design consistency
- Review and approve electronic hardware documentation packages
- Approve and monitor verification and validation procedures and/or system designs.
- Evaluate testing/analysis of electrical-mechanical components, equipment, and systems results
- Establish technical performance metrics.
- Diagnose system-wide malfunctions, monitors trends in verification results and reviews/approves design improvements or modifications
- Assist the IPT Manager to oversee staff performing cross-functional work statement across a variety of engineering development and product support disciplines to deliver fully integrated UAV and Mission Systems
- Provide input to project and/or operational plans aligned to company objectives
- Implement plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved
- Coordinate representation and technical support across multiple teams throughout the business/product lifecycle
- Assist with resource needs and oversee personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools
- Develop workgroup, project or operational goals, objectives and related metrics
- Provide technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects
- This role DOES NOT require Aerospace experience. The desired candidate will have experience creating electro mechanical devices in densely integrated packaging that can withstand mishandling as well as harsh environments. Consumer product experience would be a strong plus!
- Proven experience in a technical leadership role directing Mechanical, Electrical, RF, Networking and/or Software Engineers in product design
- Knowledge of design requirements, manufacturing processes, materials, prototyping techniques and applicable technologies to build initial concepts through final validation pre-production models
- Ability to mentor technical team members in the execution of engineering and product development tasks
- Possession of a strong understanding of engineering principles, specifically electro/mechanical engineering as well as embedded hardware sensors and controllers, gained through technical education and/or significant experience
- Possession of strong communication, leadership, and negotiation skills; ability to effectively communicate with individuals of various technical backgrounds and experiences
- Capability to lead large cross-functional matrixed teams
- Knowledge of SolidWorks CAD / Mentor Graphics
- Ability to analyze, oversee and meet budget and schedule requirements, work instructions, specifications, test procedures and BOMs.
- Ability to analyze problems (troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, modification, or redesign) of assigned end items to support the design, development and modification of company products using knowledge of engineering disciplines (ME, EE, etc.).
- Knowledge of digital circuit design parameters and electrical engineering theories.
- BS in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics.