Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $700 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions. What drives us at Samtec is the knowledge that our products enable engineers to create great things. When we innovate electronics capable of moving signals at faster speeds, smaller footprints, and higher densities, we know that we’re providing designers access to the technologies that they need to do the jobs that impact all of our lives. Whether it’s advanced medical equipment with the ability to save lives, energy efficient products that make our living spaces more comfortable, communications products that bring us together, or any number of other innovations, we feel good about our part in making those things possible. With 33 locations in 18 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Design, program, build and develop electrical and pneumatic controls systems for industrial equipment.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers to integrate electrical devices and controls with mechanical equipment.
- Programming of Motion Controllers, PLC’s, Robotics, Machine Vision and servo drives.
- Lead design group to develop electrical schematics for industrial equipment.
- Specify electrical and pneumatic control components.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 1-5 years’ experience with industrial equipment and control systems.
- Operational knowledge of control relays, pneumatic solenoids, pneumatic controls, motion controllers, servomotors, stepper motors, etc.
- Ability to read and write in structured text programming language (i.e. C++, Basic, etc.).
- Ability to Design PCB’s and Schematics in Eagle or related software
- AutoCAD and Solidworks or equivalent experience preferred.
- EMET, BSEE or BSEET Bachelor’s Degree