*This is a temp to potential hire position*
Bay Cities, an Employee Owned Company, is the leading creative packaging and display partner to brand marketers, retailers and e-commerce. Our passion, experience, technology and consumer insights move product and drive sales.
Our Passion Powers Your Product
Creativity: Our ideas create Client success.
Passion: We have heart with a Customer Service attitude.
Integrity: We honor our business & planet with sustainable practices.
Responsible: We own it!
Safe: Our safe work habits protect us all.
Fun: We take our work seriously- not ourselves ?
The Electro Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, installing, modifying and repairing electrical and mechanical equipment and related controls in a manufacturing environment.
• Aligns, fits, and assembles component parts, using hand tools, power tools and fixtures.
• Analyzes and records test results and prepares written testing and prepares documentation.
• Inspects, test and repairs electrical and mechanical machinery.
• Installs electrical and electronic parts and hardware in machines, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
• Reads blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of diagnosis and repairs.
• Repairs, rework, and calibrate hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electric assemblies and systems to meet operational standards.
• Tests performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as electronic voltmeters and power supply.
• Verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specification, using precision measuring instruments.
• Identifies and orders machinery parts using OEM Drawings or internet information as required.
• Monitors PLC’s for machine diagnosis and repair as well as minor adjustments.
• Trains and cross trains with others in department.
• Makes all required settings and adjustments for optimum equipment performance to manufacture quality products.
• Trains other mechanics in classification in qualification requirements and proper maintenance procedures.
• Troubleshoots and repairs all A/C and D/C drives and their controls system use.
• Schedules maintenance work by prioritizing the workload.
• Assigns work to other maintenance classifications according to their abilities and limitations.
• Follows up on all work orders to ensure repairs are completed accordantly and on time.
• Maximizes the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery to run at available capacity and speed.
• Ensures the compliance of safety guidelines.
• Wears proper safety equipment for environment including safety glasses and steel toe shoes
• Performs other related duties as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
• High School diploma/GED required
• Must have ability to see and differential color
• Efficient use of computer
• Strong organizational & communication skills: Writing, Speaking
• Ability to recommend and implement customer solutions to drive top and bottom-line improvement.
• Ability to handle multiple projects within a fast pace work environment.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Ability to apply and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Capable to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
1. 2 yrs. of experience as an Industrial Electrician or Maintenance Mechanic or related field
2. Able to repair and maintain both electrical and mechanical systems
3. Read: Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical Drawings
4. Advanced troubleshooting training
5. Apply concepts of high school math
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time go up/down step ladders, stairs and elevating platforms. The employee frequently is required to use their hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to perform repetitive motions and must have strong finger dexterity.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds utilizing the buddy system. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, peripheral and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee works around powered industrial trucks, heavy objects, conveyor systems, and machines including highly energized systems such as pneumatic and electrical systems. The employee works with chemicals, high heat items, and sharp objects. The employee uses pneumatic systems including air and water hoses. The employee must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
• We employ all persons who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee- all require proper identification and documentation).
• Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks, drug screen, and physical examination prior to employment.
Bay Cities Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V