EPAM Continuum is looking for an exceptional Electro-Mechanical Technician to join its multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, and strategists to work in our Boston office’s Technology Practice.
Who We Are:
EPAM Continuum is a global design and innovation consultancy that creates products, services, and experiences that work for people and the businesses that serve them. The Technology Practice focuses on innovation at the intersection of technology, engineered systems, and human-centered design. Working with companies from startup technology ventures to global manufacturers, EPAM Continuum creates technology-based products and systems that are valued by people and transform businesses.
EPAM Continuum has more than 150 full-time employees, working out of three offices around the world. The team is made up of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professionals with diverse experiences, including anthropologists, architects, business strategists, economists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, psychologists and designers. Since 1983, EPAM Continuum has created meaningful design solutions for companies and organizations worldwide, including Mindray, Respironics, Johnson and Johnson, Herman Miller, NIH, Avedro, Insulet, Amplifon, and Affymetrix. Mechanical Engineering is a core capability within our business.
EPAM Continuum projects span the consumer, medical, and industrial segments and include a broad range of mechanical engineering content.
Who You Are:
You are highly motivated and organized. Have broad experience working with engineers to refine designs, build, implement, analyze and evaluate prototypes and/or supporting new products into manufacturing. You can use advanced test and measurement equipment to troubleshoot, repair and test complex RF, digital and analog circuits with minimal guidance. You have experience with developing, documenting, and implementing test procedures and processes. You have strong technical and non-technical verbal and written communications skills. You are able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Support engineering prototype build activities
- Build and test prototypes and fixtures.
- Build, test, revise and document the design of cables
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, and perform visual inspections of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation, identify technical issues and suggest improvements.
- Perform root-cause analysis on prototype malfunctions.
- Perform necessary repairs to bring prototypes up to operating specifications for testing.
Assist engineers with documentation tasks
- Amended/redlined assembly documents.
- Tracking of prototype assemblies
- Edit and format engineering documents for release to manufacturing
- Create presentations to communicate results from testing
Experience in the following areas are required for consideration:
- Soldering – surface mount, including fine pitch and no-lead rework using reflow
- Cable and connector assembly
- Machining – Drill press, lathe, mill
- Allegro/OrCad, SolidWorks, Visio, Microsoft Office
- Creation of assembly instructions
- Build and debug of integrated electro-mechanical prototypes
In addition, the following non-technical areas will be important:
- You’re an energetic team player and have demonstrated spirit and a knack for problem-solving
- You are curious and continually build knowledge in new technologies
- You have excellent presentation, communication, and organization skills. You communicate effectively, and you relate well with people and build partnerships
- You are driven to document work thoroughly and communicate with technical and non-technical clients and teammates
In addition to a resume, please also include any current or recent work examples in a link to an online portfolio or attached PDF.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
EPAM Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.