The driving force of the refractory industry
Our team is currently seeking an Electro Mechanical Technician that is aself driven candidate that enjoys a challenge
working in an innovative and exciting environment!
Starting Rate $24.37/hr - Shift differential $1.50/hr-Weekend differential $1.60/hr
3rd shift 11pm-7am with weekend work
2nd shift 3pm-11pm no weekends
Multicraft Maintenance Technician
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools (both hand and power); candidate will be carrying various tools around campus
- Understand and utilize High Voltage equipment; Microprocessor equipment, thermocouples, and RTD's
- Quickly assess plant processes during a breakdown; ability to communicate with equipment operators and then apply troubleshooting skills and knowledge to fix equipment in an efficient amount of time
- Demonstrate an aptitude of mechanical systems;Gearbox, Power Transmission, Conveyors, and Bearings.
- Testing electrical systems; (ranging from 24VDC to 480VAC 3-ph) by using multi-meters
- Troubleshoot; PLC Controlled and hard-wired systems by using required 70E PPE and safe work practices. Will troubleshoot for both electrical and mechanical issues to minimize downtime
- Perform insulation tests; on AC Motors by using a megger
- Perform preventative maintenance; on all equipment as necessary (Dryers, Crushers, Conveyors, Rotary Kilns, Bag House, etc.)
- Participate in the improvements of plant equipment; to maximize productivity and assist with cost effective savings
- Have experience in an Industrial Environment
- Possess strong Electrical, Mechanical and Analytical aptitude.
- Possess the ability to read blueprints
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic systems
- Prior experience welding (Stick and Mig)
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Perform duties in a fast-paced work environment that will be hot, cold and dirty.
- Be a self-starter, yet able to take orders as directed.
- Work independent and make decisions without direct supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have attained a High School Diploma or GED
This Is Us:
RHI Magnesita is the global leader in refractories. We have the largest number of locations around the world and the most innovative, reliable products and services. We also provide the most robust supply and quality security, thanks to our exceptional vertical integration from mining to production to full service solutions.
Our Mission: We take innovation to 1200 C and beyond
GENERAL: This is an industrial environment and the ability to lift 20-70 lbs repetitively is required, work in various positions standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and climbing stairs/ladders is also required. We operate in a self-directed work team culture that practices peer appraisal and accountability. Participation and contribution to the team's efforts is expected.We operate in a self-directed work team culture that practices peer appraisal and accountability. Participation and contribution to the team's efforts is expected.