SBIR is a very successful, fast-paced subsidiary of HEICO Corporation, (NYSE: HEI, HEI.A). HEICO is a successful and growing technology-driven aerospace, defense and electronics company. For more than 60 years, HEICO has thrived by providing customers with innovative and cost-saving products and services. Forbes Magazine has ranked HEICO as one of 100 "World's Most Innovative Growth Companies", 100 "Best Small Companies" and 200 "Hot Shot Stocks" over the past decade.
SBIR designs and manufactures the most technologically advanced Infrared (IR) and Electro-Optical (E-O) test instrumentation available. SBIR's broad line of innovative products support testing of military and commercial sensor systems for world-wide use in laboratory, production, depot and field test applications. SBIR's high-energy, dynamic culture focuses our Team Members' on providing quality products and services to our customers. We provide highly integrated, well-engineered, cost effective hardware and software solutions to the E-O community. In doing so, SBIR has become the preferred supplier to many of the major domestic and international manufacturers of commercial and military E-O sensors and systems.
Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. (SBIR) is recruiting an experienced and motivated Electro-Optic Test Technician to join our team.
Responsibilities -- Electro-Optic Test Technician
- Assembles and tests infrared testing systems.
- Modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of Electrical Engineer.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Test and certify electro-optical performance and calibration of SBIR products in accordance with applicable procedures. Perform and verify precise adjustments as deemed appropriate to ensure component and/or system-level conformance with requirements.
- Provide expert measurement support to the engineering staff in order to facilitate failure analysis and/or design characteristics optimization of SBIR products and equipment.
- Modify and/or test electro-optical prototypes in accordance with engineering staff instructions.
- Create calibration, configuration and test procedures for SBIR products.
- Perform and document systematic failure analysis, troubleshooting and repair of nonconforming products.
- Diagnose and document the cause(s) of electrical, optical, and/or mechanical malfunctions or failure of operational equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Generate and maintain thorough, clear and complete records of failure analyses and related activities.
- Programs and debugs circuit boards with embedded microprocessors.
- Configures embedded controllers and creates and loads calibration data.
- Plan, direct, and record periodic electrical testing, and recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment which does not conform to requirements.
- Applies strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Applies experience using electrical lab equipment (DMM, DSOs, power supplies).
Requirements -- Electro-Optic Test Technician
- Associate's degree (A.S.) from two-year college or university and two years' related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong math skills;
- Experience reading engineering drawings;
- Experience using mechanical measuring instruments: calipers, micrometers, toolmaker's microscope, gauge blocks and pins
- Good Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Experience with mechanisms and procedure development.
- Experience in multi-tasking.
- Must have experience successfully performing detail oriented work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to US Export Control Regulations compliance, eligible candidates MUST be a US citizen, permanent resident or a person who has been granted asylum; proper documentation is required.
Pre-employment verifications: must pass background, reference and ITAR/EAR checks in addition to a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Engineering Test Technician