Job Title: EDI Technical Specialist
Department: MIS Department
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Corporate office, St. Louis, MO
The EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Technical Specialist position is responsible for all technical support, configurations for inbound and outbound EDI processes with our vendors and customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The EDI Technical Specialist will work closely with Rawlings Technical, Sales, Customer service and Operations team on all aspects of order fulfillment including warehousing and distribution systems The EDI Technical Specialist analyzes, designs, and develops specifications for enhancements and extensions with EDI application interfaces and maps. Coordinates EDI testing and trading partner implementation initiatives in both the US and Japan.
Essential duties include:
- Application Analysis, Configurations, Coding and Technical System Support
- Working knowledge and understanding of end to end business processes such as Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Order-to-Cash, Warehouse management
- Monitor daily operational Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processes, troubleshoot and verify all EDI Transactions sent and received using various transmission protocols.
- Partner with Rawlings teams regarding vendor requirements.
- Partner with Rawlings teams to verify and communicate EDI data changes to VIP and Major Accounts.
- Maintain working knowledge of all vendor compliance requirements. Ensure fulfillment team is completing work that meets these requirements. Conduct random audits as necessary for confirmation.
- Transmit EDI transactions such as advance ship notice, invoices and other functional acknowledgements to EDI partners.
- Assist with set up and testing of new EDI accounts as needed.
- Any others duties as assigned.
Job Skills, Abilities and Education Required:
BS degree with four years of EDI experience strongly preferred; Involves Software Development Life cycle from analysis, design, coding, testing & implementation of EDI software applications and/or interfaces to core processing/settlement applications.
- EDI Systems
- Expert knowledge in EDI ANSI X12, XML standards
- Experience in Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT), Black Box Testing and System Level Load and Stress Testing of systems.
- Trusted Link or similar technology
- BizManager400, BizLink,or similar EDI applications
- AS2 communications
- Experience working with a VAN
- The ability to organize and communicate effectively with others
- JDE 7.3, JDE 9.2, or later JDE versions
- Oracle 8, 9, 10, or 11 Databases
- Varsity logistics,
- SQL server,
- TL Ashford barcode printing
The EDI Specialists works in an office/warehouse/factory setting. Additionally, this position is required to have a cell phone and high speed internet connection for off hour application support.
Safety Hazards: manufacturing environment on occasion
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, ability to write advertising, reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must have proven exceptional written presentation and verbal communication skills.
Ability to calculate figures. Ability to apply concepts of and algebra and analysis skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands requiring finger dexterity, and handling or working with equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing 30 - 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone.
Working Conditions: General office working conditions with limited travel.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and/or duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the task listed in this job description.