What do you get to do in this position?
Perform troubleshooting and repair on industrial electronic equipment. You may be working on equipment that users throughout surrounding communities. Some of these products are used in a variety of safety-critical operations. Examples include: Nuclear power generation, chemical processing plants, and oil and gas refineries.
As a result of your strong attention to detail, technical competency, and commitment to ensure all operations are in accordance with the product and process documents, you will help Schneider Electric keep our customers and our neighbors safe.
Individual will perform detailed inspection, system and functional testing, troubleshooting, and repair of standard products in accordance with Schneider Electric test, quality and safety procedures. Will work under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor to test various products to established performance specifications and to ensure standards are met.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Circuit identification and analysis, at times with limited documentation or partial schematics.
- Parts specification and substitution, where permitted
- Develop and document test procedures, programs and schematics and improved processes
- Review engineering releases and apply to relevant product in-house
- Perform work flow scheduling and management
- Use traceability systems, Agile, for content review such as BOM’s, ECO, rework, traceability etc.
- Create ladder logic to test and validate the unit on the fly
- Upload and configure the customer application by the serial number
- Digital documentation of repairs for internal communication (marketing/tech support) and external communication (customer) including diagnosis, test performed, and issue resolution.
- Use of oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, signal generators, logic analyzers and other testers
- Ensure test equipment is properly maintained and operational
- Determine action and disposition of the board based on ECO and condition of the board
- Perform inspection to validate the product (revision levels, software levels, ECO status for rework), serial numbers, contaminants and document how the unit is keyed
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs on standard products or fixtures to the component level and report part and reference in a root cause analysis to Engineering to meet customer requirements
- Troubleshoot advanced, highly complex circuit to component level theory
- Provide repair estimates to Customer Service by evaluating the unit and entering the estimate into the computer
- Collaborate with active, regular dialogue among Technical Support and Engineering teams, remotely
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology from an accredited College, or four (4) years’ comparable work experience; Certificate of Completion from an accredited Technical Trade School, or four (4) years’ comparable work experience.
- 5 to 10 years of demonstrated experience performing electronic testing, and component level troubleshooting of digital and analog circuitry
- Strong electronic skills – extensive knowledge of both digital and analog circuitry
- Able to test and troubleshoot digital and analog assemblies down to the component level
- Strong Electronics aptitude. Must have the initiative and motivation to quickly learn and reapply the necessary techniques
- Proficient in soldering techniques and use of soldering equipment
- Proficient in use of test fixtures
- Proficient in the use of electronic test and measurement equipment, such as digital voltage meters, oscilloscopes
- Experience and knowledge of PLC operations, programming (ladder logic), troubleshooting and repairing product with the assistance of computer applications in the following categories:
o Input/Output circuitry (analog and digital); Communication interfaces (USB, RS485, ModBus,
o RS232, and ethernet)
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Experience with high voltage testing
- Ability to effectively communicate (to include effectively transfer information, actively communicating thoughts and ideas appropriately), both written and verbal, in English
- The ability to analyze assigned products during the repair process for a means to reduce the repair time or improve quality. Document these improved processes for future efficiency gains.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Computer literate at the intermediate level, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel
- Position requires a high level of dexterity and manipulative skill, facility with a wide range of manual and pneumatic hand tools as well as simple test equipment.
- Must have good color vision, to identify color coded wiring and cables
- May require lifting up to 22 lbs.
- Frequent sitting
- Occasional walking